Saturday 13 April 2013

Galaxy project

Recently, I'm obsessed with galaxy and aztec patterns.
Galaxy shoes are hard to find especially in place I'm living.
And I actually thinking that if I really found one, it never cost cheap.
So, I decided to do a pair for myself!
Save time and save cost.
I started to search tutorials from the youtube channels.
Youtube always is the most efficient guru!

I thought is easy to find some cheap high top canvas shoes in the store.
But, I tell you what ain't easy actually.
The only nice one I found is Converse but is not cheap at all.   T_T
If I get myself a pair of Converse I won't put the risk for being first time to paint it with galaxy colours.
Not necessary to get a high top canvas, but I just want to make it cool!

So, in the end I found this.


Not those typical canvas shoes.
As long as it is high top that I'm okay with it.
Tell you what, is not my size!
I normally wear size 5/6 and this shoes are size 9.
I found a canvas shoes with the same size but this one is more comfy to wear with it because it has sponge inside kinda like sport shoes.
So, not that loose actually if you tight up the shoes lace high.
But, I don't care anymore.
I just desperate to own a galaxy shoes. Crazy mind.
I never really wear it for a walk, hopefully is comfy to walk with.

Then, I bought these acrylic paints at the book store.


Pearlescent paints are so important to make the galaxy mode on the shoes.
Because the colours look shining on the dark fabric.
And the fluorescent paints only look good and bright on white or light colours fabric.

Next, covered the side of your shoes that you don't want to get painted with masking tape.


Then, choose three main colours to paint on your shoes.
So, usually people used blue, purple and pink to create the galaxy atmosphere.
Use sponge to patch the colours on any part of the shoes as you like.
No specific pattern so is easy!


Some people might patch with a little white paints to create the star dust.
But, I just use the stick to do the white dots on the shoes and if you want meteor, then use sponge to pull out the colour from the dot.
Then, use paint brush to draw stars.
Almost finish heh!

Lastly, I change the black shoes lace to the white one.
The black shoes laces are making the shoes look dull.
I use sponge to paint the rainbow colours on my white shoes laces.
I like them very much, you probably can't see them clearly on the picture but it actually look like shinny rainbow in real life.

Tadaaah!!!
The next morning I put the shoes under the sun so that the paints is completely dry.
Can't wait to put it on!

High top shoes = 20
Acrylic paints = 12 
Masking tape = 2
I only paid 34 bucks for a galaxy shoes. Woohoo!


Nights,
x



No comments:

Post a Comment