Tuesday 28 August 2012

Turtles living in alley?

Have been visited the turtle alley at China Town in Kuala Terengganu a month ago with my best friends in college. I should said is an unexpected visit.

I’ve heard about it from my colleague but didn't found it during the first day at China Town as signage not yet installed for Turtle Alley to mark the entrance from both ends of the alley. A lil bit disappointment pops up when I thought I couldn't visit the alley as my colleague told me that the alley was hung up with some turtles’ metallic picture plates and I think is unique and I Love ART. (People mostly don’t hang drawings on the wall in alley, right??) 

We were loitering on the street and suddenly my friend saw the alley! (Thanks GOD for creating human stereo vision) The God can always listen to my mind, perhaps? Yay! I was actually screaming in my heart but no one knows!

There were workers rushing to finish some minor renovation for the coming soon opening ceremony. (If not mistaken is a few days after our visit)

Here’s some of the photo I took at there.



An old alley that has been beautified and themed with art works about turtle to remind us of the endangered status of turtles that nest at the beaches of Terengganu.


The masterpiece. They are just sooo talented and creative!

           Turtle mosaics mounted on the walls.
 Striking colours always attract me! 


Lil girl riding on the turtle. Haha! Remind me of the anime. Cute, right?




The picture I love most! 
Please treats animals like human. 
Think twice before you steel turtle eggs to sell in the market. 
Imagine when you come back for your kids and they are gone….


She’s the one who found the alley. 
A girl that can make you laugh non-stop when she starts to talk.


Yes! Is an alley! 
A narrow lane which can only fit 3 persons’ size to walk together. 
Wonder why they were in baju kurung outfit? 
We went for an interview before that.


Respect those who thought about changing this alley into an art street and those organisations who adopt the alley. Creative minds always important, without it the life is a lil more dullfull, don’t you agree that?  

No comments:

Post a Comment