Friday 26 October 2012

Tai Chi from ZERO to HERO



Went to watch Tai Chi Zero yesterday.
I know I'm late for this movie.
So, when I online checking the movie time, I was confusing between this Tai Chi Zero and Tai Chi Hero until I saw this poster outside the cinema.


The movie is a cross culture of comic books, video game style graphics and anime inspirations.
Was during mid-Qing dynasty about the main character, Lu Chan wanna entered the Chen Village to learn kung fu and the train that could destroyed the properties wanted to enter the village.
Some words will appeared to introduce you the buildings and characters.
Lu Chan required to pass level by level.
When he failed, words like "K.O!" "BAM!" appeared. Pretty much like you are playing on video games.

So, when a movie takes tone of video game or anime, it might be a little exaggerated.
The type of flashing light, the giant metal machine (I was like what? named as Troy No.1?! The movie, Troy flashed in my mind. Um, maybe they just wanted to prove how strong is the machine...... ),comic-cartoon faces/colours, using vegetables and fruits as weapons, made the movie a little funny.
Yet, you are like watching comedy type kung fu movie.

That's why I'm kinda disappointed with that.
I'm expecting more REAL kung fu scenes ( the grand one warrior typed ).
The teaser I searched on youtube didn't showed me those video games thingy.


More disappointment occurred when the movie comes to the end. 
It's a cliffhanger movie! A really annoying one!
Tai Chi Zero seems to function just a little more than a teaser for the sequel, Tai Chi Hero
Because the storyline was short but the director make the movie longer with all those actions and Stephen Fung left quite a number of scenes at the end to let you guess the ending. 
Yes, you really have no idea with the ending. 
Not like all those Harry Porter or Twilight series' cliffhanger typed.
I must to say that Hong Kong people is smart in doing business! 
Both the Tai Chi movies can be showing on the screen at the same time. You wouldn't need to wait for months. 
When the movie ends like that, they just force you to spend on another ticket to watch the ending. 



Anyway, Tai Chi 2: Hero might be more interesting and excited because Daniel Wu on cast as a mysterious monk!
And Patrick Tse will be part of it, too as a martial arts guru.
I guess more logical fight scenes will appeared not that video games types.
Oh gosh! Should skipped the part 1, just buy the part 2 ticket.
Mistake, Sigh!






No comments:

Post a Comment