Monday 22 October 2012

This Is a Love Story

Finally, I completed the last five chapters during another boring course I attended!

Is been a long times that I never touched a novel. I bought this book because I want to spend my RM200 vouchers that I got early of the year. I told myself I must at least get an English novel. I don't want the English words fade from my brain. I felt a little upset every time when I saw some words that I remembered I had learnt but I barely able to speak out the meanings.

I took about half year to complete the reading. Yes, slow like snail...... How could I? I was like read only two chapters for a week. The story is nice but I'm getting lazier and lazier to read ever since I graduated from high school. This is not a good sign! Backed then when I was in high school, I read newspapers everyday! Not that I read every details of the news, at least I wouldn't missed out a day. To finish a novel in just few days is not a big deal. But now?! I think I only flipped the papers maybe twice a week and it took me half year to finish reading my novel. Oh, what the toots!

So, um...... I bought this novel because my eyes caught up by the turquoise white, shiny cover among all the other books with the dull cover on the shelf. The cute love birds that printed on the cover are sweet. It drew me to it!


this is a LOVE Story by Jessica Thompson
…but not every story is the same.

Jessica Thompson, the author.

I started this book not expecting too much as the title already told you. So, I think will be sort of the boy meets girl story. But, there is a small phrase at the bottom of the book cover stated that "...but not every story is the same." When you see this, you probably expect something differences.

The style of writing - swapping from his and her views in every chapters are interesting. Well, it certainly made you more understand the thoughts of both main characters. The start of the story is a little slow and I only found the storyline started to be interesting after chapter nine.

This story isn't about romance so much as it is more to simple connection with human being. Is not a typical cheesy love story, it's frustrating. The way that make me wanna jump inside the story to tie up Nick Redland and Sienna Walker, both the main character together and connect them with some sort of machine to force them tell the true feeling to each other. How could they trying to hide their true feelings for years?! Oh, dumbo Nick you should man up yourself to make the confession to Si.

Anyway, this story is mainly about Nick and Sienna falling apart with each other but their loves for each other are hidden. So, they remain best friends for years. So many things happened in between the years. And in the end, both of them...... You gonna find out yourself the story, if you're interested.


Okay, is 22th of October...... November baby please arrive earlier! ( I'm begging you)

No comments:

Post a Comment