Thursday 18 October 2012

Tuesdays with Morrie_02

What's the fourteen Tuesdays all about?

1st Tues   : The world
2nd Tues  : Feeling sorry for yourself
3rd Tues  : Regrets

Morrie said the culture doesn't encourage us to think about our life until we're about to die. Yes! We are so wrapped up with career, family, having enough money and involved in trillions of little acts that you shouldn't bothered too much. Have you ever standing back, looking at your life and saying:
Is this all you want?
Is something missing?
Do you regret with what you've own now?
Do you happy with your career?
People says Yolo!
I did thought about all these things, but I just don't have the courage to change my regular lifestyle. Ironic, right? Sigh......
Maybe we just need people like Morrie to probe us in that direction.
" Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live."

4th Tues  : Death

Can you ever be as brave as Morrie in facing the death issue? He thought that he's lucky to be alive though he couldn't even wiped his own ass and he was much like a baby. Well, I guess I wouldn't be that brave.

Do you believe in reincarnation? What would you came back as?
I'll choose to come back as human. Human being is the only creature on earth that capable of feeling the noble emotion. Though I might face something rather horrible but I still want to become a human.



5th Tues  : Family

Sometimes people who own a great family don't appreciate much, but people who lost their family envy on others. We often feel regret when your beloved gone. Years back, I participated in a camp and there was a soul talk session. When comes to a soul talk with dim lightning, is much on a touchy-feely session. Most of us cried when the camp mates shared their experiences on running away from home, fighting with the parents or siblings. In the end, what they ended with the stories are the same.
'No matter what you've done with your family, family is always family, they are the only people stand by your side when everyone abandoned you.'

6th Tues  : Emotions
7th Tues  : The fear of aging

People often afraid when someone ask about their ages especially ladies. Idk why  is like a sensitive issue for them and I remembered someone told me that asking people on their age is disrespectful. Is it??
Morrie said people who afraid to grow old reflects that he might have unsatisfied and unfulfilled lives.
I'm 24 and I always looking forward on each year I grow older just I want to know what will I become in the future. Ha ha! I hope I can predict the future......
"Aging isn't decay, but growth."

8th Tues  : Money

Talking about money, tell me who don't lurve it?!
We've got a form of brainwashing that more is good! More is good! What Morrie said is exactly true! We never satisfied with what we already have.
People wanting to gobble up something new, get more properties and latest toys. I wonder why people queueing up at dawn just to get the latest gadgets? Worth it?
When you load the Facebook probably will see a lot of people wanted to show you about their latest buying. ' Guess what I've got, today? ' I did that,too. Sometimes.
Um..... can't deny that money is important but besides earning money please remembered that there are still much more other things that you should care.
You earn in and you give out in a great way.

9th Tues  : How love goes on
10th Tues: Marriage
11th Tues: Our culture

"People are only mean when they're threatened."

12th Tues: Forgiveness

"Forgive yourself before you die, then forgive others."

13th Tues: The perfect day
14th Tues: We say Good Bye



Well, Mr. Morrie you inspired me! Never thought I'll learnt something else during the course. I was jotting down some quotes from Morrie while reading because I afraid that I'll forgot as I can't take the book home. My friends were like feeling curious that what am I doing. Indeed, I should have listened to the talks given by faci. Lastly, I should say thank you for the one who left your book there.

I spent 2 days for this book. This proved that how unconcentrated I am during the course and how bored is it.

I'm actually darn slow in reading during these days. You'll know how slow am I when you see my next post on books I read. Stay tuned.

p/s: This is not a book review. If it is, then is definitely not a good one.




No comments:

Post a Comment