Tuesday 16 October 2012

Tuesdays with Morrie_01

October is a long month! There are five Tuesdays indeed!
A hectic week, two courses to be attended start from today until next Monday......FML

Attending courses that you're not interested in are actually torturing. The bored-worms could kill you!

Somehow, I saw there's a book, Tuesdays with Morrie in the drawer, probably left by someone. Coincidentally, the title start with the word "Tuesday" and yet today is Tuesday. I read it.


I don't usually go for books in the non-fiction genres, but the best way to avoid one to fall asleep during some talks is to do something to keep you awake. When you saw this book, probably is the God send you some hints to let you learn some life's lessons. I had just read 1/4 of the book. I bet this is the fastest reading speed for novel of the year for me.

This is what I figured out as far as I had read. Mitch Albom recounts time spent with his 78 years old professor, Morrie Schwartz, who was diagnosed from ALS ( kind of brutal illness of the neurological system ). Morrie a wise, cool man. He kicked out the tradition that funeral can only be held after one's die. He gathered people that he cared and told them he's going to die and asked them to talk about him.

This book is all about Morrie's perspectives on life and death. Based on the fourteen Tuesdays Morrie and Mitch meet, supplemented with Morrie's life experiences.

I will continue my reading tomorrow.  Well, I'll see how do I get inspire by this happy old man.

Wisdom grows with ages!

Night Nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment