Sunday 10 March 2013

The Impossible

Just finished watching a movie, The Impossible.
I was randomly selected it from the folder. I thought it was an old movie until I googled it after finished watching.
And...... it was screening on January! Why I didn't reckon it? Well, may be not that famous in M'sia.

Backed then there was an Indian Ocean tsunami at year 2004 date 26th and Penang island got affected, too. I remember it was a terrific disaster, the newspaper were loaded with tons of tsunami's news.
I was still in secondary school and I was just "Oh! There's tsunami happened! And yucks see how disgusting the wounds and cuts and bleeding......And terrible!"
Not much feeling, probably because I wasn't the one who faced it and age still young. Kinda cold-blooded I'm. I wouldn't feel sad/ cry when watching those sad cases happened, may it be in movie or real life whereas others may already have watery puffy eyes.

Well, years after years with the aging, I started to have sense of pitying towards the poor one. Maturity, perhaps. I will think they're pity and feel like crying when I see those sad news/ movies/ dramas. Still no tear drops, hmm...... I wonder why some people just cry easily.

All right, back to the topic.


This movie is based on a true story. One of the Spanish family caught up in the chaos after the wave hits.
Movie based on the true story is always much more realistic. Just like the other one I watched few years ago, 127 hours. ( Survival of a mountain climber )

The family was having vacation at a Thailand resort. Strong wind, lots of birds flying in one direction at the sky and TSUNAMI attacked without your notice.
Imagine you were playing in the pool and towering wave pushed in from the sea and ripped through the hotel. You got separated from everyone you know and smashed to something hard that you can"t see! Freak out, mann!


The family separated by the disaster and eventually found back each other. We can see how strong is the will power to reunite and to survive.
The injured mother who still taught the son to help others even they were still in the flood. The son helping the patients to find their family among the chaos.
The stranger who willing to lend a hand to others even he himself might lost his family.

And of course some disgusting scenes appeared, as the mother got serious infection on her wounded leg, tear off skin and cough really hard till puking out some really disgusting things. I thought it was small intestine because she said she's going to die.




Anyway, I learn there is still loves and hopes in the world. Only with the bonding of love, people can survive in the hardest situation.
I think I might not understand how hard the parents feel unless I become mother of the child. But, I know the parents will protect their children no matter what had happened.

Here's the trailer!

Once a while watching this kind of movie might reminds you to appreciate your family while they are still living at your side.  
I couldn't imagine what if this happen on me......



Nights
x

No comments:

Post a Comment