Monday 22 July 2013

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

I found myself superb fast in reading inspirational books compare to the fiction that I hold the reading for almost one and a half year.


Again I was attracted by the cover of the book.
Then I found out Randy Pausch was someone very famous.
I'm not gonna talk much about this person. 
If you're interested to know him click here.

There are hundreds of quotes from Randy.
I just feel like sharing some of his thoughts and some of my thoughts.
Writing down so that I won't forget.

1.    Randy's parents were amazing. They allowed the kids paint whatever they want on their rooms' wall.
That's way too cool! One day, I gonna let my children paint their walls, too.

2.    "When you see yourself doing something badly and nobody's bothering to tell you anymore, that's a bad place to be. You may not want to hear it, but your critics are often the one telling you they still love you and care about you and want to make you better."
Yes, sometimes I was thinking that I am so disappointed with my students' attitude toward studying. I would told them if one day I don't bother to scold you, to talk to you anymore, that going to be so bad.
Often I hope someone critics on me, tell me face by face but not behind me, tell me with your sincere heart but not to see me lose.

3.   "Not everything needs to be fixed."
Randy's wife, Jai bang her car. Randy didn't sent the car to any workshop, he said the car still work, let's just drive' em! So, their dented car became a statement in their marriage.
That's why don't judge a book by its cover!
Don't ever over judge someone's car/ place that he lives sometimes it really doesn't identify your social status.

4.    "Time is all you have. And you may find one day that you have less than you think."
Exactly, who don't have time? Time is free afterall! You don't pay to get time.
Just the question is how do you manage your time?
We often complain that I don't have enough time, I need 48 hours for a day.
Sometimes, I am one of them.
I admit that my time management is bad. I should say I like to procrastinate. I drag on the tasks that I should be finish it long time ago. I always do things last minute.
So, what if one day I have less time than I think? like Randy......
Can I fully utilise the remain time I have? Idk......

5.    "I know you're smart. Smart isn't enough. The kind of people I want on my research team are those who will help everyone else feel happy to be here."
I want to meet leader like this! Able to unite all the people under his team.
I believe conducive environment for working is everyone to cooperate and trying to help each other instead of just compete with each other and the worst scenario would be backstabbing each other without your notice.
So that, they can promoted easily.

6.    "I've always believed that if you took one-tenth the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solve the problem, you'd be surprised how well things can work out."
Did you ever meet any non-complainer in your life?
I would like to meet one and I supposed that the person might be someone really optimistic, a terrific man! If he could influence people around him, the world may be a lil more peaceful.

7.    "Halfhearted or insincere apologies are often worse than not apologizing at all"
"A good apology is like antibiotic; a bad apology is like rubbing salt on the wound."
You don't just say sorry but you have to do something to make things better.

8.    Here's a quote for all ladies.
This is not from Randy but his colleague.
"When it comes to men who are romantically interested in you, it's really simple. Just ignore everything they say and only pay attention to what they do."
That's it.
Guys can be really good in sweet talking especially when they need your help/ when they are too lonely. This is just a lil bonus.
But we look at how you act more than how you talk.

9.    "Want to have a short phone call with someone? Call them at 11:55a.m./ right before lunch. They'll talk fast. You may think you are interesting, but you are not more interesting than lunch."
This is interesting and in some way it is right!

10.    "Brick walls are there for a reason.They give us a chance to show how badly we want."
Sometimes we want to challenge ourselves, the higher the brick wall, the more you wanted to get over it. You might fall but remember you can actually climb over it.
Memory brings me to the World War Z that I have watched. Those zekes can actually really climbed over the tall huge wall when they determined to do so.



Here's a video of Randy's last lecture.
You can never feel this is a man going to die in 3-6 months because of tumors and cancer.

IT'S ABOUT HOW YOU LIVED YOUR LIFE.




Nights.
x














No comments:

Post a Comment