Saturday 9 February 2013

Chinese Snake Year

I remember I was so sad when holidays ended during last December and I wrote this post.
But, I'm now in another holiday for a week!
So, happy holidays!
Time really passed incredibly fast. Sigh.

Dragon year is officially ended that means I've grow older, 25.
Hmm... 25, a number that kinda sensitive. Anyway, leave it!
I will be very lucky in Snake year kay!!! (Law of attraction)


Happy Snakey Year!!


How was your Chinese New Year Eve?
I was like experienced the minor earthquake effect because of  the effect from the firecrackers booming in the neighbourhood.
My typical new year eve was spring cleaning till midnight.
Sort like count down New Year by mopping the floor.
My family never follow the rules. Mom not believing that cleaning the dust will clean away the fortune.
No praying, no red packets from parents to children, no fire crackers, no red decorations, ah no traditions are followed......wtf. Am I still a Chinese...
I never know what is Lou Sang until I entered college.
Pathetic, right?

Fyi, Lou Sang is actually a dish (salad) used to be eaten on the seventh day of CNY but nowadays people don't really follow the tradition. People do the tossing together and believed that the higher the salad is tossed, the greater the luck will come to you.
This year the Lou Sang event was interesting because we prepared the Snake shape container for the Lou Sang's ingredients.

You never found this in another place! It is one and only.

Nice colour!

Secret recipe from hot mom.


Ready for the auspicious year. c:

p/s: photos credits to my colleague.

What have you had for your reunion dinner? I bet was a scrumptious meal.
For me reunion dinner is actually kinda like normal dinner because I'm still having dinner with the same person like my normal weekend when I come back home.
I don't feel any reunion thingy.
Sometimes, I'm hoping that I born in old days.
People only have roasted pork, fishes, shrimps, abalones and all those seafood during the Big Day. Then, I'll be much appreciate the dinner.

Anyway, last weekend I suggested steamboat for CNY eve's dinner and mom said don't want because have to prepare so many ingredients.
Who knows she secretly bought so much and told me we are going to have steamboat. LOL. I know she loves me!

This is only part of it.

I felt that I'm damn hardworking this year.
I prepared the steamboat ingredients and made cookies/snack for CNY without helping.
(clap claps)
But, I took up so much times because I'm slow.

I can't believe that I can make a dough for cookies only using my hand.
Gross?! Just ignored it.

Ta daa!
Nestum peanuts butter cookies.

Nestum peanuts chicken floss rolls!

Wish everyone has a prosperous year ahead!


x





No comments:

Post a Comment