Sunday 30 December 2012

Penang Isle 17-22。12。12_02

Who don't know Penang's famous food?
If you don't know, you're prolly not a Malaysian.
Everytimes when I visit Penang, I must eat their Char Keuy Teow, curry mee, Hokkien mee a.k.a prawn mee, Char Koay Kak and Or Jian a.k.a fried oyster with egg.

WARNING: If you're hungry, don't scroll down! LOL.

I seriously think that any stall in Penang that sells Char Keuy Teow can beats Kuantan's.
No need purposely search for the most famous stall.

The best part about Penang's curry mee is they serve with peppermint leaves and pig blood. But, too bad I don't like both of these.
The soup still taste good!
Look at the texture! I'm feeling hungry now.
The corner of the picture is actually the Hokkien mee but I didn't took photo of it.

This called Char Koay Kak.
The square like cake is made of rice flour and white radish.
The taste is lifted by the soya sauce which absorbed by the egg and cake.
Oh, nom nom nom!

Something new in Penang food stall!
Wanna be a millionaire? Try this!
Because they called it Million Mee.
It served with two type of sauce sweet or salty and some pork.
Depends on you to choose.
The mee is like the pan mee we usually eat.
I've tried the mee with sweet gravy as recommended but I don't like it as I don't like sweet food except desserts.

Have been hearing this Roselle drink for sometimes.
Taste sweet and sour a lil bit like Rebena.
And the flower can be eaten taste good thou.
Penang popular with drinks that I seldom heard nor drink before like nutmeg drink and lemongrass drink. 
I never know the usual lemongrass that appear in Thai cuisine can be cooked into drinks.

First ever time saw the fresh nutmegs. 
The red one was its skin.
My mom really likes those nutmegs but I just can't stand with the strong smell.

After talking about food, let's go to the best known Kek Lok Si temple.
Another must go place!






12 Chinese zodiacs.
Despite last year I went there was Rabbit year, unfortunately not my year, 
   but I still managed to take photo with the Dragon before the year ends!
 Dragon RrRawWw!




The George Town view from the peak of the temple.

The time when I visited there, a lot of workers started to wash the statues, the floor, built up the light bulbs, put up the big red lanterns.
Apparently they were preparing for the biggest festive season for the coming year which is Chinese New Year to make the temple looks extraordinary brightest building in Penang.
Just like the picture below !
I can imagine how pretty it is when everything is lighten up!




Some random shots on the cute plants.
Don't blame my skill.


I somehow think the clouds looked like cotton candy.
I wish there are fairies paint them with pastel colours!


Cheerio!
Nights!
x





No comments:

Post a Comment